If you want to make your e-learning courses available to the global market, localization is the most effective solution. For gaining international reach, the best way possible is to offer optimized and localized content so that the target audience can fully grasp the message. Remember that successful localization includes a lot more than just simple translation of words from one language to the other. You will have to optimize the course as per the desired markets’ culture, language, local feel and preferences. In order to attract people, you are required to use the language that they speak and completely understand.
Here are a few helpful tips for e-learning localization that can make the whole process easy and hassle-free for you.
For effective localization of your eLearning program, you must devise a detailed plan which may include the following stages
- Course Development
- Audio recording and Translation
- Incorporation of Localized Courses
In this phase, you must do your research, and determine the scope and needed deliverables appropriately.
- Identify the languages in which you need to localize your content.
- Determine the localization scope including the required content with audio, video and transcripts, glossary, and user interface along with the basic elements.
After estimation, begin with developing a localization-friendly design approach.
- Make sure the userinterface is easy to use for a trouble-free
- Include the easy to replace graphics, and never add text on the images.
- Leave sufficient space for translated language as some languages may take more space than the others.
This one is the most critical phase. Remember to take care of the cultural nuances and sensitivities during the creation of your master program.
- Validate the cultural-specific factors andcolor selection because different nations have varying perceptions of different colors. Therefore, you must be careful in your selection so that you don’t end up offending any of the potential learners.
- Don’t use jargons, particular references and hard to translate phrases because the content will lose its impact and value, if not translated properly.
Audio Recording and Translation
In order to deliver high-quality content, always hire native voiceover artists and professional translators.
- Validate all your translations through linguistic reviews.
- The same can also be done for the authentication of localized courses that you develop.
Incorporation of Localized Courses
Make sure you do multiple tests to ensure that everyone taking the course enjoy a comfortable and pleasant experience.
- We recommend factoring for various devices(for example, if your program includes mobile learning). Besides, different browsers and bandwidths should also be taken into account.
- Many countries with limited bandwidth may have difficulty in using your program so you must design it accordingly.
Targeting a global market for your eLearning platform is easier than ever before. With a localized approach and meticulous planning, you can make your eLearning program suitable for different markets. One thing that you need to remember is that you must take professional assistance for translations to get the best results.